Monday, April 12, 2010

Yankees win!!!



While Ernest is not a baseball fan he still roots for the Yankees. I'm a Mets fan and will forever be one but i've decided that all of the awful heartbreak i've suffered as a Mets fan will not be passed on to Caleb. I can't do it. I was at that game the first year they choked. That was the last game of that season when we played the Florida Marlins and Tom Glavine gave up 8 runs in 2 innings. I sat in that upper deck with all the hope in the world praying that on this, our last day, our last chance, we would make it. We were the Amazin's. We were gonna pull through. But after those first two innings and those 8 runs, not only did we not have a chance but the Nationals were winning their game which meant WE. WERE. DONE. So, like i said, i will forever be a Mets fan but i want Caleb to root for a team that doesn't come with so much heartbreak and roller coaster seasons. He will be a Yankee fan. Well, for now, he'll be a Yankee fan. Who knows if he'll even like baseball, or any sport for that matter. He might just like science in which case i don't think there are any teams there or jerseys he can wear. I'll make him a pocket protector and encourage him just as much, but for now here are some pics of my little man sporting his very handsome Yankee cap. To the side like the big kids and also like his namesake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.